I did this makeup look the other day because I was feeling like using a ton of glitter. I loved how it finally came out, and guess what…it is perfect for a glam new years eve party. I love winters for this reason, I can get away with a bold eye and bold lip makeup at the same time, plus it is the holidays, so why not go berserk.
I simply defined my crease with warm oranges and browns, making sure to take the colour a little higher than usual. Then I used a little glitter base and then went nuts with Faces gold and cranberry glitter. I used their glitter stacks, and mixed the pink and gold. The result was this glossy duocrome lid, and I cannot even get over it.
For the lips, in the spirit of new years, I first went with red lips. Gold and red work great always. But then I wanted to go deeper, so I applied some brown lipstick. I must say, brown lips were my favourite. You don’t have to do deep lips, you can always go with something neautral or nude on the lips, but if you are as enthusiastic as me, go mad with your color choices. The gold glitter will work with almost anything.
I hope you enjoy the look, do let me know which was your favourite lip combo.
- Loreal Magique primer
- LA Girl Pro HD foundation in Warm beige (review coming soon)
- LA Girl Pro HD concealer in Pure Beige
- B&D Translucent loose powder
- Sephora Mineral foundation in Hazelnut 40
- Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow in Delicious to contour
- MAC Style and Melba blush
- The Balm Mary Loumanizer highlighter
- MAC Soft Ocre paint pot as base
- MAC Texture eyeshadow as transition color
- MAC Folie eyeshadow to deepen the crease
- MAC Amberlights all over the lid
- Faces Gold and Pink glitters from Glitter stack, mixed with Inglot duraline
- Ardell Demi whispies false lashes
- Maybelline Lash sensational mascara
- Red: MAC Ruby Woo, topped with clear gloss
- Brown: LA Girl Matte lipstick in Spice