While doing my makeup today (here), I decided to share my favourite dark lipsticks with my readers. Given so many brand options available, sometimes it can be difficult to find something new and flattering, especially for medium skin tones.
These 5 lipsticks, even though affordable, are nowhere less than high end lipsticks. I love them to bits. I find them very flattering against my skin (I am NC42 in MAC) and I would highly recommend these to anyone who is around my skintone. I hope you enjoy this little post. Do let me know which one is your favourite.
- Colorbar Soft Touch Lipstick in Rose Quartz (Rs. 475) : Its a medium Pink with mauve undertones. The texture is semi matte. I glides easily on lips, and stays for almost 4 hours on me.
- L.A. Girl Matte lipstick in Spicy (Rs. 550): This is the darkest shade of all. It is a deep deep brown colous with very warm undertone. It works great for Medium skintone, I love how it works with simple winged liner. The formula is matte, but is more on the satiny finish. Stays on my lips for 4-5 hours easily.
- Nykaa Matte Lipstick in Mischievous Plum (Rs. 399): I have reviewed this lipstick here. I love the deep Plum colour on me, the formula is great too. For the price, these are amazing lip colors, also, they have a good range of colors.
- Studio West Pure Passion Lipstick in 203 Tender Rose (Rs. 495): I love the formulation of this lipstick. The colour is more brighter pink, with hint of mauve, It is brighter than rest of the shades. the formula is a little sheer, one needs to layer 2-3 times to get full opaque color, But once on, it does stay on me for 3-4 hours. It has a glossy look to it. I love how healthy my lips look with this shade on.
- Lakme Absolute Creme lipstick in Runway Red (Rs. 675): This one is an oldie but a goodie. I love the rusty deep red color of this lipstick. It goes with almost any outfit, and I love how it is deep but bright at the same time. It works great for my skin tone. The formula is creme, the finish is satiny on lips. It stays for a good 4 hours on me. It never dries my lips. Its definitely one of my top 5 red lipsticks.
If you have more favourites, do leave a comment below. I would love to know your beloved fall lip colors.